Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Disassembling for Success ....

In the Fall of 2012, my youngest son came under the spell of attractive online computer games.  For over a decade we have resisted going down this road and have never owned a GameBoy, PlayStation, XBox, Wii, or anything like this.  "Playing" time on the computer was also very restricted.  It was extremely difficult and it continues to be difficult.  We believe it is a hill we must be willing to die on, though.  Our oldest son thanks us for maintaining our stronghold on this hill, now that he is in college.   He uses the words that we used at the time:  "It could have robbed me of my childhood, but you wouldn't let that happen.  I'm better for it."

So, when my husband and I saw James coming under the spell, we disassembled his computer and put it in the basement.  This was 6 weeks ago.  Below are pictures of the books that James has read since then and he shows no sign of slowing down.

Big problems occasionally require bold action.  The most interesting part - he hasn't complained.  The rich life he lives in his books at the end of the day is much preferred.







No comments:

Post a Comment